Legal Junkies Forums

#1 Community for Legal Questions and Answers

Go Back   Legal Junkies Forums > IMMIGRATION LAW > Other Immigration Law and Visas

Register FAQ Tags Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Layout

Notices

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 10-08-2019, 05:02 PM   #1
Pass D
Pass D's Flag is: United States

Default EB-5 visa and US taxes

I have a successful business in Italy.
If I apply for an eb5 US visa and it is accepted, do I pay US taxes on my income in the US AND back in Italy too, during the conditional residency in the US before I get my green card?
Pass D is offline   Reply With Quote

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
Old 10-08-2019, 05:52 PM   #2
AFFA
Top Level Member

Default Re: EB-5 visa and US taxes

In the United States you will have to pay taxes on worldwide income after meeting the substantial presence test. In Italy, you will pay taxes as a non resident on your Italian income only. The provisions of the Double Taxation Avoidance Agreement between Italy and the United States may be used to mitigate any tax payment in Italy. You may contact an attorney and seek guidance.

AFF
AFFA is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-09-2019, 07:14 AM   #3
Lexus
Top Level Member

Default Re: EB-5 visa and US taxes

The EB-5 visa is a program that provides a path to US permanent residency for foreigners who want to invest in the United States. An investor under an EB-5 visa automatically becomes a US resident alien for tax purposes. This means that income from the US and other parts of the world becomes subject to US taxes.
Lexus is offline   Reply With Quote