Legal Junkies Forums

#1 Community for Legal Questions and Answers

Go Back   Legal Junkies Forums > FAMILY LAW, DIVORCE, CUSTODY > Domestic Violence and Abuse

Register FAQ Tags Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Layout

Notices

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 06-10-2008, 11:07 PM   #1
Unregistered

Exclamation Unwanted protective order: A judge is refusing to drop a protective order

A judge is refusing to drop a protective order between my husband and I, even though we both really want to be together. If he moves back in, and the police see him here, would they more than likely arrest him on the spot, or leave it alone and only do something if I were to call and complain? Basically, would we really need to fear that he would be arrested? Please offer any advice you can.

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
Old 06-12-2008, 10:52 AM   #2
randalljd
Top Level Member

Default re: Unwanted protective order: A judge is refusing to drop a protective order

Yes he will be arrested. You need to obey the order.

The state wants no further abuse so take counseling, talk to the prosecutor etc. but obey the order until changed.

World Law's lawyers could also probably intervene and help resolve this if need be. You may email them on the home page.
randalljd is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 04-01-2010, 03:08 AM   #3
Unregistered

Unhappy Re: Unwanted protective order: A judge is refusing to drop a protective order

Please do not risk it! If the police come for any reason or any person lets the police know you are together he will go to jail or worse like they are most likely doing to my husband prison! There was a no contact order in place for us. He was not susposed to have contact with me for 13 years. We love each other and could not make it appart and i went to stay with him. He said it was worth the risk. One night only 1 month after us being together some men broke into the house and the adt alarm system called the police. The men who threatened us with guns got away, and my husband was arrested by the police for contact with me and violating an injunction with me. I had contacted the state attorneys office, his probation officer and the victims advocate prior to his arrest, trying to get the no contact order changed and the injunction dropped. They would not help. They were angry with me. We took things into our own hands and now ended up both worse off then staying away from each other and fighting the system with all we had no mater the time it took. Please do that. I cant even stand to breath anymore. I called them begging for them to drop charges, they refuse and say they will protect me because i will not protect myself. He would not ever touch me, we love each other and now due to this our 3 children have no mother or father. Please hear my pain and do not put it on your self.

Old 04-01-2010, 09:15 AM   #4
Unregistered

Default Re: Unwanted protective order: A judge is refusing to drop a protective order

Yes he can. This is another good example of why police powers are wasted on domestic situations. The wife or girlfriend always cries wolf and then changes her mind. She "loves him" and wants him back. Then stop using the legal system to keep him in line.

The judge refuses to drop it because perhaps he's trying to make an example of you. You abused their time and the state residents' tax payer money, and now, thanks to you, your husband has a record and is paying for your foolishness.

Yes, you need to fear he'll be arrested. You started this ball rolling. You need to now comply with the law you sought out to "protect" you from this husband you want to be with so much.

People like you make it difficult for women who are in REAL danger to be taken seriously.

Old 04-09-2010, 03:27 PM   #5
Unregistered

Default Re: Unwanted protective order: A judge is refusing to drop a protective order

Education about domestic violence is greatly needed when I see such comments. Whenever an individual is in the middle of a dispute, it is scary and many call the police. The victim does not always leave the batterer due to many reasons and reconciles whether it be children custody issues, financial issues, the fact that whenever an injunction is taken out, there is a higher incidence she will be killed. That is a lot to considered and no one understands until they are in the situation.

An injunction is a piece of paper and police can not be with you 24/7 to protect you. This person may be in REAL danger and neither you or I can detemine this only this person can determine this.

I pay taxes and I do not complain about them being wasted on this issue. I find wasted money in areas such as paying professional athletes millions of dollars and we pay for it and entertainment stars for movies and CD's. or what about a government who swindles our taxes for their luxries as we see them being busted in all areas of this country.

Old 07-06-2010, 08:41 PM   #6
Unregistered

Re: Unwanted protective order: A judge is refusing to drop a protective order

i just went through the same issue barely a month ago, but we were both orderd to satay away, we ignored the order because "we love each other" but as of 2 days ago im now trying to survive with a broken arm and the hunilliation of beliving him and also hmeless no car and i cant call the cops because theyll arrest me too. so just respect the order i promise you wont regret it

Old 07-07-2010, 09:43 AM   #7
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Education about domestic violence is greatly needed when I see such comments. Whenever an individual is in the middle of a dispute, it is scary and many call the police. The victim does not always leave the batterer due to many reasons and reconciles whether it be children custody issues, financial issues, the fact that whenever an injunction is taken out, there is a higher incidence she will be killed. That is a lot to considered and no one understands until they are in the situation.

An injunction is a piece of paper and police can not be with you 24/7 to protect you. This person may be in REAL danger and neither you or I can detemine this only this person can determine this.

I pay taxes and I do not complain about them being wasted on this issue. I find wasted money in areas such as paying professional athletes millions of dollars and we pay for it and entertainment stars for movies and CD's. or what about a government who swindles our taxes for their luxries as we see them being busted in all areas of this country.
I have all the education on domestic violence I need, tyvm. Anytime a person stays with an abuser, it is NOT because of the kids. To even suggest such a cop out requires more education on the above poster's part. If a person in a domestic situation EVER feels they need to call the cops to protect them, it's time to leave the relationship for good. Period. There is no gray area, as some would believe.

I personally don't care whether the above poster does or does not complainig about her taxes being wasted on domestic violence protection. Further, the salaries of professional athletes and celebrities does not come out of the pockets of taxpayers. Any money coming from taxpayers is purely voluntary and it certainly isn't taken out of one's income for "tax" purpose, unlike police protection is.

It's ironic a person who clearly knows nothing about neither domestic violence or paying taxes and on what is commenting that other people don't know what they are talking about.

The latest post is an indication of how protective orders are a waste of taxpayer money. It only serves to give the man a record, and the women ends up getting back with him anyway, so there's no point in the police wasting their time when more important crimes are going down.

Old 09-13-2010, 05:22 PM   #8
Unregistered

Red face Re: Unwanted protective order: A judge is refusing to drop a protective order

The court puts no contact orders on. You dont even have to be the one calling the cops. If someone over hears an argument they may call the cops. I agree with not involving them. for the last year n half I have been dealing with a stupid no contact order that I didnt even request! And nothing really happened! Some people just dont know how to mind there own buisness. I dont see why the court is so worried about someone they dont even know who obviously chose to be with said spouse! Just leave people be and let them deal with there own problems. God will protect you if your His and He is yours. Physical fear is pointless. I hope the best for you women wanting to be with your men! I will pray for us all! God bless :] and never loose hope.

Old 02-21-2012, 09:45 PM   #9
Unregistered

My husband was arrested four days ago for a fight we had over a year ago. Since that time we both recieved counceling and have been doing well. Somehow the police got wind of this old fight (they were never called and it was never reported) and decided to prosecute...now they have put a 5 year no contact order in place and I am about to have our fourth child. I am so scared I'll never get this order dropped even though he hasn't been violent since completing his therapy...He just had arraignment this morning and they are charging him with assault 2 and harrassment. I don't know what to do, I'm terrified after reading these posts, and what will I do to support my family? I feel like my husband was killed at least he can see our children but that makes less sense to me!!! If he is so dangerous, why let him see the kids? I feel like they are tormenting me.

Old 03-03-2012, 10:47 AM   #10
Unregistered

Have you found any solutions on how to support your family?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
My husband was arrested four days ago for a fight we had over a year ago. Since that time we both recieved counceling and have been doing well. Somehow the police got wind of this old fight (they were never called and it was never reported) and decided to prosecute...now they have put a 5 year no contact order in place and I am about to have our fourth child. I am so scared I'll never get this order dropped even though he hasn't been violent since completing his therapy...He just had arraignment this morning and they are charging him with assault 2 and harrassment. I don't know what to do, I'm terrified after reading these posts, and what will I do to support my family? I feel like my husband was killed at least he can see our children but that makes less sense to me!!! If he is so dangerous, why let him see the kids? I feel like they are tormenting me.