•  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Sasssy70
    • Aug 2018
    • United States

Wrongful death and Survival action claim caps

My question: are Wrongful death claims and Survival claims under the same Cap? My state caps on wrongful death malpractice claims $500,000.00. There is also a Survival action claim as well. Are there 2 separate caps for these claims or is it all combined? Thank You
  • AFFA
    Top Level Member
    ☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆
    • Dec 2009

Re: Wrongful death and Survival action claim caps

I wish to inform you that wrongful death claim is filed by spouse or parents or children of deceased. Survival action is filed by deceased's estate. While wrongful death claims include claim for suffering of family members in survival action claim is for loss to deceased estate.

AFF

Comment

• Sasssy70
      • Aug 2018
      • United States

Re: Wrongful death and Survival action claim caps

Originally posted by AFFA
      I wish to inform you that wrongful death claim is filed by spouse or parents or children of deceased. Survival action is filed by deceased's estate. While wrongful death claims include claim for suffering of family members in survival action claim is for loss to deceased estate.

AFF

I understand what it is. We are the surviving parents. And the Estate as he is a minor. They have 2 components to the lawsuit. One is the wrongful death and one is survival. One has a 500k cap. The other is what I’m curious about. I’ve been told there is no cap on that & the other says it’s Also a 500k cap. Not that it even matters. The lawsuit has been in place several months & I never remembered to ask. As that was not my 1st concern. I’m just curious now.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
      Auto-Saved
      Smile :) Embarrassment :o Big Grin :D Wink ;) Stick Out Tongue :p Mad :mad: Confused :confused: Frown :( Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:

the color of a red rose is... (write the answer twice with an "@" between the words)

widgetinstance 213 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
      Working...