Legal Junkies Forums

#1 Community for Legal Questions and Answers

Go Back   Legal Junkies Forums > IMMIGRATION LAW > Other Immigration Law and Visas > Deportation and Removal Issues

Register FAQ Tags Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Layout

Notices

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 01-11-2015, 03:10 AM   #1
jacobix

Default BEEN REMOVED FROM CANADA WILL AFFECT MY NEW ZEALAND VISITOR VISA APPLICATION?

I was removed from Canada by way of a departure order because my refugee claim process was denied. I left Canada within the 30 days they gave me to return my country and my departure was confirmed with an immigration officer at the airport.

My question is:

Will this affect my visitor visa application to new zealand? I want to visit New Zealand to gathered a friend, but there is a section they ask for this specific issue related to be remove from a country. I understand they consider a person doesn't have good character if that person was removed from any country at any time.

Thank you!
jacobix is offline   Reply With Quote

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
Old 01-11-2015, 04:25 AM   #2
AFFA
Top Level Member

Default Re: BEEN REMOVED FROM CANADA WILL AFFECT MY NEW ZEALAND VISITOR VISA APPLICATION?

I wish to inform you that as visa official will come to know about your removed status from Canada therefore it may affect his decision making. However removal from Canada does not restrict legally your visa to New Zealand.

AFF
AFFA is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-11-2015, 02:10 PM   #3
Disagreeable
Top Level Member
Disagreeable's Flag is: United States

Default Re: BEEN REMOVED FROM CANADA WILL AFFECT MY NEW ZEALAND VISITOR VISA APPLICATION?

http://www.immigration.govt.nz/NR/rd.../0/INZ1017.pdf

I refer you to section F Character, where your deportation after seeking asylum will run contrary to any evidence you provide under section B and the application checklist for: Evidence that you are a bona fide visitor, for example:
  • evidence that you intend to return to your home country at the end of your stay
  • evidence that you are genuinely visiting for the purpose of holidaying, sightseeing or visiting family or friends

I would not be trying to provide information and knowledge if I did not sympathize.

Some days it is just not worth chewing through the restraints to face life.
Disagreeable is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-11-2015, 05:26 PM   #4
Friend In Court
Top Level Member
Friend In Court's Flag is: United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacobix View Post
I was removed from Canada by way of a departure order because my refugee claim process was denied. I left Canada within the 30 days they gave me to return my country and my departure was confirmed with an immigration officer at the airport.

My question is:

Will this affect my visitor visa application to new zealand? I want to visit New Zealand to gathered a friend, but there is a section they ask for this specific issue related to be remove from a country. I understand they consider a person doesn't have good character if that person was removed from any country at any time.

Thank you!
As to your failed refugee claim in Canada, that should not affect your entry into New Zealand. You may be queried as to whether or not you intend to file for refugee status in New Zealand, though, so check at a New Zealand embassy before you apply.
Friend In Court is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-11-2015, 09:41 PM   #5
jacobix

Thanks for your help. I really don't want to claim refugee in New Zealand. That happen 4 years ago in Canada and I returned to my country on March 2012. Since then I have a new life here, my husband and I have solid jobs and we just want to visit a friend who is working and living in NZ.

Regarding the evidence that I'm genuinely visiting for the purpose of holidaying,
sightseeing or visiting family or friends, do you have any advice?
I mean, the evidence I have is my job contract, my husband's job contract, the rent contract we have for the apartment we are living that ends on August 2015, my car documents, the invitation letter we have from our friend in NZ, a letter from the church my husband works that says the responsibility he has assisting around 5000 people that attend that temple, I have also a of-court declaration that I'm responsible for my mother's maintenance, and the financial support of USD$11,000 we have in our account.
I think that information is enough to demonstrate I have to return my country, but if you have any extra advice I will really appreciate it to complement my documentation for my application.

Thank you again, have a good day!

Old 01-11-2015, 09:44 PM   #6
jacobix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disagreeable View Post
http://www.immigration.govt.nz/NR/rd.../0/INZ1017.pdf

I refer you to section F Character, where your deportation after seeking asylum will run contrary to any evidence you provide under section B and the application checklist for: Evidence that you are a bona fide visitor, for example:
  • evidence that you intend to return to your home country at the end of your stay
  • evidence that you are genuinely visiting for the purpose of holidaying, sightseeing or visiting family or friends

Thanks for your help. I really don't want to claim refugee in New Zealand. That happen 4 years ago in Canada and I returned to my country on March 2012. Since then I have a new life here, my husband and I have solid jobs and we just want to visit a friend who is working and living in NZ.

Regarding the evidence that I'm genuinely visiting for the purpose of holidaying,
sightseeing or visiting family or friends, do you have any advice?
I mean, the evidence I have is my job contract, my husband's job contract, the rent contract we have for the apartment we are living that ends on August 2015, my car documents, the invitation letter we have from our friend in NZ, a letter from the church my husband works that says the responsibility he has assisting around 5000 people that attend that temple, I have also a of-court declaration that I'm responsible for my mother's maintenance, and the financial support of USD$11,000 we have in our account.
I think that information is enough to demonstrate I have to return my country, but if you have any extra advice I will really appreciate it to complement my documentation for my application.

Thank you again, have a good day!

Old 01-11-2015, 10:37 PM   #7
Disagreeable
Top Level Member
Disagreeable's Flag is: United States

Tell the truth, hope for the best outcome.

I would not be trying to provide information and knowledge if I did not sympathize.

Some days it is just not worth chewing through the restraints to face life.
Disagreeable is offline   Reply With Quote