Legal Junkies Forums

#1 Community for Legal Questions and Answers

Go Back   Legal Junkies Forums > FAMILY LAW, DIVORCE, CUSTODY > Child Custody and Support

Register FAQ Tags Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Layout

Notices

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 09-24-2013, 09:27 AM   #1
Tintin

Default Child support to Australia

I have signed the birth certificate of my son and his mother (we never got married) took him to Australia to love with her and her husband. I am currently married and with a child. I have been giving financial support to my son while he was here in the Philippines. Now that he is in Australia with his mother, I have deposited the child support in a bank account under the name of my son because I had the impression that the money will be diverted to the mother's family here and I am thinking about the future welfare of my child. I believe she has applied for child support in Australia as I have talked to an agent of the their Child Support Agency. I am required to pass may income tax form to have an assessment of my child support contribution. My question is : What happens if I do not submit to their request? I would like to know the process with child support from a Filipino father in the Philippines to a Filipino child who lives in Australia with his Filipino mother who is married to an Australian. Thank you!
Tintin is offline   Reply With Quote

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
Old 09-24-2013, 10:38 AM   #2
AFFA
Top Level Member

Default Re: Child support to Australia

I wish to inform you that Australia and Philippines are reciprocating countries in respect of child support. The Australian Government Agency first tries to work directly with the overseas parent. If the other parent refuses to pay or fails to meet their commitments, the Australian Government Agency will check whether the case can be referred to the relevant overseas authority in Philippines for possible enforcement.

AFF
AFFA is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-24-2013, 06:56 PM   #3
Tintin

Default Re: Child support to Australia

Thank you for the information

Old 09-27-2013, 08:12 AM   #4
Tintin

If I have acknowledged paternity by signing the birth certificate can I still ask for a DNA test now if I still have doubts?