•  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Vatt 27
    • Jul 2018
    • United States

Facebook arbitration clause

Do the terms of service in a facebook account require that disputes be resolved in arbitration (ie and not in court)?

I know many if not most big companies have such clauses but I don't see such a clause in my FB terms of service.

Thank you!

Arizona
  • Lexus
    Top Level Member
    ☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆
    • Sep 2010
    • United States

Re: Facebook arbitration clause

The terms and conditions of Facebook have a dispute clause which gives the parties to file disputes at the concerned jurisdictions. It is not mandatory to insert an arbitration clause in any contract and agreement.

Comment

• aldo5

Facebook had an arbitration clause for any and all disputes but they removed it from terms of service a few years back.

There is no arbitration clause currently. Terms of service require you sue Facebook in the California court where Facebook is headquartered.

Comment

• Unregistered

Facebook changed the arb clause several years ago. There is no arbitration with them now.
        You have to file in court in California.

Comment

• Miranda77

Those clauses are very controversial and that's why FB removed it. Many people feel that forcing consumers into arbitration is overwhelming and consumers get railroaded.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
          Auto-Saved
          Smile :) Embarrassment :o Big Grin :D Wink ;) Stick Out Tongue :p Mad :mad: Confused :confused: Frown :( Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:

the color of a pink dog is ... (write the answer twice with an "@" between the words)

widgetinstance 213 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...