X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • hurricaned
    • Jan 2012

married man's wife is harassing/cyberstalking me

Let me just say up front, I am aware that I made a morally wrong choice to get involved with him in the first place, and I'm deeply sorry and regretful. Our relationship ended several months ago. I was wrong to get involved and would give anything to take back what I did.

However, I can't.

The issue that brings me here is that his wife, since discovering my existence in December, has been harassing me. She's sent several messages to my Facebook, emailed a friend of mine when she couldn't reach me, and today (nearly a month after her last message to me) sent a dozen emails to my work email address with snippets of my IM conversations with her husband last year. She is threatening to expose the relationship (copies of our IMs, photos, videos) to my employer and my coworkers.

When she initially confronted me in December I let her have her say, took responsibility for my actions and apologized (she also informed me I was not the only mistress). There's nothing left for me to do or say, and her continued harassment (while I do understand it) needs to stop. I want to know what I can do, legally, to encourage her to stop. Thank you.
  • AFFA
    Top Level Member
    ☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆
    • Dec 2009

Re: married man's wife is harassing/cyberstalking me

I wish to inform you that as a first step, you may report the matter of harassment online to the Facebook Help Center. Facebook will investigate the matter. Secondly, you may give a written notice to the other party not to harass you. If the other party does not stop the harassment, you may file a lawsuit and claim damages and costs. The burden will be on you to prove the allegations made. You may also seek an injunction from the court to stop the harassment activities of the other party. Thirdly, you may make a complaint online to IC3. IC3 is the Internet Crime Complaint Center. It will investigate the matter. Lastly, you may report the matter to the law enforcement agencies. They will investigate your report.

AFF

Comment

• hurricaned
      • Jan 2012

Thank you.

Comment

• hallo

Make sure it is her first and not him. My ex mm was tweeting me under his wife's name pretending to be her. It was totally creepy.

Comment

• heyhurricane

Also hurricane. Check out the website loveshack.org. they have a other woman category full of other women dealing with their mm's.

Comment

• Lexus
            Top Level Member
            ☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆
            • Sep 2010
            • United States

If you're harassed in a chat room, contact whoever runs the server you were using. If you're harassed on any kind of instant messaging service, read the terms of service and harassment policies they've provided and use any contact address given there. If someone has created a web site to harass you, complain to the server where the site is hosted. If you're being harassed via email, complain to the sender's ISP and any email service (like Hotmail) used to send the messages. Figuring out whom to complain to be one of the areas in which WHOA's volunteers can definitely help you. If the stalking continues unabated, and you have evidence of the stalking, you can attempt to file a restraining order with the local police department. Though restraining orders rarely deter the harasser, they can allow law enforcement officials to arrest him and charge him with a crime if he violates it.

Comment

• Unregistered

You got what you deserved you dumb *****! You better be glad it's just harrassment, some wives would have given you a severe beatdown.

Comment

• Unregistered

I experienced the same harrassment from the wife of the mm I was dating. I think its a true testament to her character & why he cheated in the first place.... She's a psycho. Never the less, her husband filed for a divorce, I am now engaged to him (like her promised) and planning a wedding. She is still and nut job but remains at a distance because I contacted the authoritie . Moral of the story, married men leave. They do it often. If he wants to go he will and no harassment tactics will make him stay.

Comment

• gail in georgia
                  Top Level Member
                  ☆☆☆☆☆
                  • Sep 2012

"I think its a true testament to her character & why he cheated in the first place...."

No, he cheated because, well, he's a cheater. Enjoy being married to him.

Gail

Comment

• Unregistered

I had the opposite happen, my husband's eff buddy, the other woman, was harassing me. She apparently was on Ashley Madison trolling for affairs, had already had prior affairs when she decided she wanted to have an affair with my husband.

She apparently was being contacted by other wives and assumed it was me. She went to the police and claimed I was harassing her but denied having an affair.

When the police contacted me, she had no evidence of who it was that was contacting her, only conjecture, but I had solid proof of the affair, photographs, texts and emails that were resurrected by a Private Investigator and the fact that my husband had ended the affair, immediately, when I found out.

The other woman was charged with filing a false police report and obstructing justice by denying she had an affair.

Her husband has since had two revenge affairs. She has no career and is miserable in her present marriage.

I divorced my husband and have found a wonderful man whose wife also cheated on him.

Comment

• Unregistered

Im also with a MM but hunny you are delusional! Its clear to see your using HIS wife to make yourself feel better about yourself and your short comings. I could take your man in a heartbeat does that mean I should walk around with my nose up in the air like you? If you don't curve your delusions your going to be shocked when your MM is running around with a younger tighter version of you.

Comment

• Highwayman
                        Top Level Member
                        ☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆
                        • Sep 2014

This thread has been dead well over a year. If you think the OP is still around to read your reply you're delusional. Please don't necropost.

Comment

• Unregistered

Originally posted by Unregistered
                          Im also with a MM but hunny you are delusional! Its clear to see your using HIS wife to make yourself feel better about yourself and your short comings. I could take your man in a heartbeat does that mean I should walk around with my nose up in the air like you? If you don't curve your delusions your going to be shocked when your MM is running around with a younger tighter version of you.
                          Ewhh honey you right on that point.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                          Auto-Saved
                          Smile :) Embarrassment :o Big Grin :D Wink ;) Stick Out Tongue :p Mad :mad: Confused :confused: Frown :( Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:

Do cats say meow or mooo?... (write the answer twice with an "@" between the words)

widgetinstance 213 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                          Working...