• Show
Clear All
  • Panna
    • Nov 2016
    • United States

Want know how can bring my family in the us

New Jersey

Hello!
    First of all i want to say sorry for my English because i cant write good.I came here with the fiancee visa and got married last month, now i am pregnant and want know how can bring my family in the us to see the baby and stay here for work.is it possible?
    Thank you for all
  • AFFA
    Top Level Member
    ☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆
    • Dec 2009

Re: Want know how can bring my family in the us

I wish to state that your family may apply for visitor visa (B1/B2) to come and visit you. However, they may not work while on a visitor visa. For work, they need EAD (employment authorisation document) and may apply for H1B or other work related visas in the home country. The US embassy in your home country will normally have a list of attorneys on their Website who may be contacted for guidance.

AFF

Comment

• KatyDee

I doubt they will be able to work on any first visit, unless they have strong independent skills that would qualify them for H1B etc. And that takes time to arrange.

The visitor and tourist B visa is best.

Comment

• LJJ

If you just want to them to see the baby and/ or you ASAP you should avoid any mention of having them work here. That will either prevent them from coming or greatly slow down the process.

Comment

• Disagreeable
          Top Level Member
          ☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆
          • Oct 2012
          • United States

It will be years before you might qualify to bring your family here to work. The system is not setup so you marry a citizen, then relocate all your relatives here.
          Due to a recent promotion, I should now be referred to as Major Obvious.

I would not be trying to provide information and knowledge if I did not sympathize.

Some days it is just not worth chewing through the restraints to face life.

Comment

• Unregistered

Even worse if immigration thinks work is an issue they may even refuse the visas for normal visits.

Comment

• Tulebyng089
              • Nov 2016
              • Macau

Thanks!! Great info!

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
              Auto-Saved
              Smile :) Embarrassment :o Big Grin :D Wink ;) Stick Out Tongue :p Mad :mad: Confused :confused: Frown :( Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:

Do cats say meow or mooo?... (write the answer twice with an "@" between the words)

widgetinstance 213 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
              Working...