Legal Junkies Forums

#1 Community for Legal Questions and Answers

Go Back   Legal Junkies Forums > BUSINESS and FINANCE LAW > Business Contracts and Partnerships

Register FAQ Tags Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Layout

Notices

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 05-20-2020, 04:04 AM   #1
TAXI 2
TAXI 2's Flag is: United States

Default Arbitration to resolve a dispute when the contract says otherwise

Can 2 parties use arbitration to resolve a dispute if the contract says the dispute will be resolved in the courts of California in county court?

If so what arbitration rules would apply then?

(FYI - Both parties would be agreeing to do the arbitration, and not use the court.)
TAXI 2 is offline   Reply With Quote

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
Old 05-20-2020, 05:31 AM   #2
AFFA
Top Level Member

Default Re: Arbitration to resolve a dispute when the contract says otherwise

I wish to inform you that both parties by agreement may refer dispute to arbitration. In this as both parties agree for arbitration thus both parties may amend agreement to include arbitration as a method of resolving disputes. Laws governing contract will apply in arbitration. If agreement was made in California then law of California will apply in arbitration.

AFF
AFFA is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 05-21-2020, 04:37 AM   #3
Unregistered

Yes two parties can always agree to use arbitration unless a third party involved in the issue is somehow harmed or does not agree.

Old 05-21-2020, 06:18 AM   #4
jason2RB
jason2RB's Flag is: United States

Quote:
I wish to inform you that both parties by agreement may refer dispute to arbitration. In this as both parties agree for arbitration thus both parties may amend agreement to include arbitration as a method of resolving disputes. Laws governing contract will apply in arbitration. If agreement was made in California then law of California will apply in arbitration.
Thanks for information. It looks like it's the same in UK laws. I've been opening start-up in London recently, and was facing some of those issues already. By the way, basic info about incorporation ( here: http://www.founderdocuments.co.uk/in...mited-company/ ), which helped me nevertheless it has simple points, it reminded me a lot of necessary "official papers" things.

Last edited by jason2RB; 05-21-2020 at 08:17 AM.
jason2RB is offline   Reply With Quote