Legal Junkies Forums

#1 Community for Legal Questions and Answers

Go Back   Legal Junkies Forums > FAMILY LAW, DIVORCE, CUSTODY > Child Custody and Support

Register FAQ Tags Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Layout

Notices

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 10-10-2018, 06:19 AM   #1
Howy4
Howy4's Flag is: United States

Default Adding father to the birth certificate almost a year later

If a child birth was registered and the fathers name was not added to the birth certificate and 11 mths after he wants it on the birth certificate, what would be the process.

Does it matter if I am not 100% sure he is the father? Will a dna or blood test be taken by the state to confirm it?

Thank you!
Howy4 is offline   Reply With Quote

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
Old 10-10-2018, 12:06 PM   #2
Lexus
Top Level Member

Default Re: Adding father to the birth certificate almost a year later

In this case it is good to confirm whether the person is the biological father of the child before entering the name in birth certificate. This is to avoid legal issues in the future.
Lexus is offline   Reply With Quote

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No