Legal Junkies Forums

#1 Community for Legal Questions and Answers

Go Back   Legal Junkies Forums > INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY and INTERNET LAW > Copyright, Trademark, Patent

Register FAQ Tags Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Layout

Notices

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 01-06-2020, 04:45 PM   #1
chanb21
chanb21's Flag is: United States

Default Selling branded products on my website. LEGAL OR NOT?

Hi,
I have been an eCommerce business owner for a few years now and I am in the process of creating my website. I work with a respected vendor who is based in the US. From this vendor I am able to buy name brand products. I am currently selling the products on eBay and have not had any issues. Am I able to list these name brand products on my website without the brand's permission or do I need to get permission from the brand? Thank you!
chanb21 is offline   Reply With Quote

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
Old 01-07-2020, 11:10 AM   #2
Miranda77

Default Re: Selling branded products on my website. LEGAL OR NOT?

If they are real and you can provide proof or even allow an audit if needed, then you are allowed to list and sell them. If you or the supplier start slipping in fakes, you will likely have a problem as the established brands are quite vigilant these days.

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful. Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
Old 01-09-2020, 11:15 PM   #3
chanb21
chanb21's Flag is: United States

Thank you so much for the reply!
chanb21 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-10-2020, 02:24 AM   #4
Lexus
Top Level Member

You should not have any problem selling the branded products as long as you have the business operation license or other permits required by law to operate legally. The regulations surrounding these licenses and how to register for them vary by location, so contact your local City Hall or check your state's Secretary of State website to find and apply for the correct license.
Lexus is offline   Reply With Quote