Legal Junkies Forums

#1 Community for Legal Questions and Answers

Go Back   Legal Junkies Forums > OTHER LEGAL ISSUES > Government and Administrative Law

Register FAQ Tags Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Layout

Notices

View Poll Results: do you think I have a chance of getting my money?

Definately 0 0%
Possibly 1 100.00%
Unlikely 0 0%
No Chance 0 0%
Voters: 1. You may not vote on this poll

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 01-12-2020, 02:12 AM   #1
brommers
brommers's Flag is: Australia

Default Claiming costs from the Civil Aviation Safety Authority of Australia

I am expecting to win a case against the CASA early this year due to them unfairly cancelling my aviation medical. So far this has cost me $30000 and the loss of my flying privileges. The rules of the Administrative Appeals Tribunal do not permit the awarding of costs. Is there a way I can take a private claim against the CASA for my costs?
brommers is offline   Reply With Quote

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
Old 01-12-2020, 06:53 AM   #2
AFFA
Top Level Member

Default Re: Claiming costs from the Civil Aviation Safety Authority of Australia

I wish to inform you that in Administrative Appeals Tribunal you may seek costs award. In this generally the rule is that if they vary the decision under review in way that is favourable to you, or set aside the decision and substitute a decision which is more favourable to you, they may order that the decision-maker pay some or all of the costs you have incurred.

AFF
AFFA is offline   Reply With Quote

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No