Legal Junkies Forums

#1 Community for Legal Questions and Answers

Go Back   Legal Junkies Forums > FAMILY LAW, DIVORCE, CUSTODY > Divorce, Separation, Annulment

Register FAQ Tags Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Layout

Notices

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 09-28-2017, 07:40 AM   #1
jimihendrix187
jimihendrix187's Flag is: Austria

Default My filipina girlfriend must get divorced first before i can marry her. i am Austrian

Hello good afternoon, we need your help. I am Austrian citizen and my girlfriend is Philippine citizen she is married in the philippines to an filippino he is not willing to sign the anullment. As she has an American Visa for 10 years our plan is like that:

i got relatives in New York so our plan was to get her withouth the sign of her husband divorced there. My cousin in Queens said thats possible for 1500 dollars a lawyer will make this. but the process will take 6 months. this would not be a problem as she has relatives in Virginia where she can stay. After the six months i would travel to the US and would marry her there. As Austrian goverment accept.

My questions are:

if we marry in the states can she apply a shengen visa there or must she go back to philippines? (problem maybe she would get arrested because of her husband)

Is there any other state where we could make this process of divorce faster. like maybe in Las Vegas?

the last worry i have how can i bring her to Austria after the wedding?
what docs are needed?
do u have any advices for us or any note that could help us?

thanks very much for taking time and listening.
regards
jimihendrix187 is offline   Reply With Quote

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
Old 09-28-2017, 09:01 PM   #2
AFFA
Top Level Member

Default Re: My filipina girlfriend must get divorced first before i can marry her. i am Austr

I wish to inform you that a divorce in the United States by a national of the Philippines would not be recognized in the Philippines. As a result, your marriage thereafter in the United States would not be valid in the Philippines and the Filipino spouse may sue for bigamy in the Philippines where it is an offence. You may contact an attorney in Austria and seek guidance in the matter.

AFF
AFFA is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-03-2017, 11:32 PM   #3
Lexus
Top Level Member

Default Re: My filipina girlfriend must get divorced first before i can marry her. i am Austr

In this issue residency requirement is must and in most states it is minimum 6 months. It is always good to seek help from a lawyer in order to deal with all divorce issues.
Lexus is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-06-2017, 12:20 AM   #4
Disagreeable
Top Level Member
Disagreeable's Flag is: United States

A Filipino cannot divorce legally anywhere but in the Philippines under the circumstances you outlined.

I would not be trying to provide information and knowledge if I did not sympathize.

Some days it is just not worth chewing through the restraints to face life.
Disagreeable is offline   Reply With Quote