Legal Junkies Forums

#1 Community for Legal Questions and Answers

Go Back   Legal Junkies Forums > OTHER LEGAL ISSUES > Miscellaneous Topics

Register FAQ Tags Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Layout

Notices

View Poll Results: Depending on your age, have you ever or are uou currently dating a minor/legal adult?

I am now. 1,661 38.83%
I have before. 640 14.96%
I have never. 1,977 46.21%
Voters: 4278. You may not vote on this poll

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 09-29-2015, 05:01 PM   #31
Friend In Court
Top Level Member
Friend In Court's Flag is: United States

Default Re: I'm 14, he's 18, can we date?

Let's see how 'happy' the above poster is a year from now. Anyone want to make book?
Friend In Court is offline   Reply With Quote

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
Old 11-29-2015, 08:06 PM   #32
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandyclaus View Post
If you're craving more, then the desire is there for sexual contact - and so is the danger of crossing the line.

SEXUAL CONTACT is legally defined as:
The intentional touching, either directly or through the clothing, of the genitalia, anus, groin, breast, inner thigh, or buttocks of any person with an intent to abuse, humiliate, harass, degrade, or arouse or gratify the sexual desire of any person. 18 USC.

It starts with a kiss and moves from there. The act of passionate kissing can frequently lead to sexual activities. The problem is knowing when to stop.

Your mom knows what she's doing. You're young and naive to think that an 18 year old can stop at a kiss. No matter how innocent you WANT to make it sound, its not Ok.
Seriously an 18 year old cannot stop at a kiss? Of course they can, you are naïve yourself for not realising an 18 year old could stop at just a kiss,not all 18 year olds are craving sex from people. Some people have self control also. Or do you not understand that people have skeg control?

Old 11-29-2015, 09:32 PM   #33
Disagreeable
Top Level Member
Disagreeable's Flag is: United States

Apparently you do not realize even that can cause charges to be pressed against you in many states.

I would not be trying to provide information and knowledge if I did not sympathize.

Some days it is just not worth chewing through the restraints to face life.
Disagreeable is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-09-2015, 10:40 AM   #34
Unregistered

Well tbh I live in Nc and I was told by a stanly county Sheriff and hes my Neighbor and he told me as long we are not screwing around we are in the yellow for right now Like i'm 18 and I For me its legal for me to date a 14 year old so yea right now he said i'm at the yellow light but he said when she turns 16 i'm in the green but if I try something which is I want because I know the law and I'm grown up with very strict parents so I know the difference between right and wrong so I know what i'm doing for sure and he said that when his brother did it his older brother got away with it but Yea im mature so im to youg for the sex thing I'm planning on fighting for my dreams like a lifted truck and light bar and kind of things like that when your at the age im at which is 18 you and as well me including needs to start thinking about goals and how you going to get a job and how you gonna get the things you want and you need so i have enough things to worry about then worrying about sex I can care less about sex because its not important to me education which I am a senior and jobs and trucks that kind of thing i'm more worried about and she understands it just depends on who u talk to and stuff Like I talked to a Sheriff so i'm good...

Old 12-09-2015, 11:39 PM   #35
Disagreeable
Top Level Member

Glad you believe that if her parents elect to press other charges.

I would not be trying to provide information and knowledge if I did not sympathize.

Old 12-10-2015, 02:20 AM   #36
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disagreeable View Post
You really believe that when he says it? Wow, I forgot how gullible girls were at that age.
I mean how would you know what this 18 year old wants? Just from an online website question you don't know everything about this 18 y/o. You don't know what he wants so you can't say that this will go further than what he tells her it will. Anyways, if it's not illegal than go for it. Too much negativity, but what is age other than someone has walked on this earth for a few more years than you? My aunt and uncle are 7 years apart, happily married. My friends sister is 12 years apart from her fiancée. So, if you guys really like eachother, screw all the negativity!

Old 12-10-2015, 05:44 AM   #37
Disagreeable
Top Level Member

Ummm, I was 18 once and had to make the decision to abandon my girlfriend because of her parents beliefs, I knew they would find charges to press even though she was of age to make the decision to have sex with me. When I tried to contact her 3 years later, she would no longer speak to me she was so angry I made the grown up decision. I discovered later she had gone out and married a bum as soon as she turned 18 instead of taking the direct path of getting a STEM college degree and having a great life. I accidentally ran into her, when I decided to go back to college for my Masters. She was broke, separated, working part time, had a child, and was slowly working her way through a STEM degree. Within a year, after her divorce was final, we married and have been so for decades. It is not always bad making adult decisions when you are an adult.

Old 12-13-2015, 11:15 PM   #38
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
It's not that we crave more sexual activity it's just that we crave to be together more, in a dating sense, not a sexual one.
Look I'm 18 and there is a girl I like but she is 14 and let me tell you if you and this guy really like each other then you should be able to do what means her do and just be friends until you are of age and if he cares he will wait for you and not date anyone if he does ou have your answer

Old 12-14-2015, 01:08 AM   #39
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by MatySmith View Post
Hey, I am 14 years old and I was dating an 18 year old for about four days. When my mom found out she made me break up with him. We have known each other for several months now and realize that we both really like each other. Several people have told me that it would be illegal for me to date him but I don't think it would. From what I have learned from researching this topic I have found that it is only illegal if we are having sexual relations. I would like to know if this is true because there is absolutely nothing sexual that would have happened between us.

Now that we are broken up we are the best of friends, yet we both still crave to be more than that. We talk to each other every day and are still planning on seeing each other whenever possible. But all in all my question here is if it is illegal? No sexual contact of any kind, just simple dating.
Yass its wrong!!!!!for u to date a 18year old

Old 01-10-2016, 09:05 AM   #40
Unregistered

BTW I'm an 18yr old guy and for 1 I/we can stop at a kiss a kiss is a kiss so don't go making it sound like all guys are sex fiends k it not like when I kiss my girl b4 I go to work I don't stop and **** her in the doorway so thx and have a nice day. Anyways if you both love each other like you say you do then go for it it'd not illegal just don't have sex if your relationship last two more years when you 16 you can have all the sex you want cause you'll be at the legal age to consent.