USAC Banner 728x90

Collapse

Credit Card Debt (outstanding balance from my VISA credit card)

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Unregistered

Credit Card Debt (outstanding balance from my VISA credit card)

I have an outstanding balance from my VISA credit card from my home country. As i lost my job there for about 2 months and found a work here in the middle east, i was still paying the minimum amount due in stated in the bills, but for some time lost interest of paying due to financial crisis hovering over my family\'s needs. Eventually, a legal letter came to my parents house and sought for immediate settlement, as they were asking for a huge amount (from 21k to 60k++) i replied via mail to them expressing my willingness to pay but under installment terms.

I received no response from them. After 4 months another letter was sent to my parents house coming from a different legal entity but for the same cause. I told my mom to inform these legal firms to refrain from sending letters to my parents\' house and email me instead. Again, there was no response from the new firm but letters keep coming that my mother is already worried.

Previously, they received a letter saying that my parents house is being assessed in lieu of my outstanding debts. Is this possible? I know that no debt is transferrable from one person to another unless implied by the debtor. Please give me advice on this situation. Thank you.
  • Unregistered

Re: Credit Card Debt (outstanding balance from my VISA credit card)

Hi! I seem to be going in the same situation just like you. I'm in the Phils. and I applied for a 12 month scheme ( i forgot what they call it) of my outstanding account due to incapacity to pay, from the bank/credit card agency which they approve. I paid deligently and completed the 12 months without missing, else, they will charge me my original outstanding balance plus the interest and other charges. To my surprise, they continue to bill me. And each bill, additional charges for penalty adn finance charges continue to pile up. I was alarmed! They said that I have to pay the annual membership fee to terminate my account????Sounds crazy? right? Imagine? I have told them that i want to terminate my account coz i'm having difficulty with maintenaining it. But still i have all the intention of paying my balance inspite of my financial crisis. But they want me to pay the annual membership fee???When I don't want to be a member of their credit card anymore?????!!!!

Comment

• Unregistered

hi

i have a credit card on FGB and NBAD of which i did not pay for almost 9 months, the agencies of which calling me said that they will file a case against me. and a lot of emails as well , stating that the case have been push through. and then they stopped emailing me and calling me. because my number of which it is registered to them is not working anymore.
      how would i know if i have a case filed against me? and how would i resolved this issue?

Comment

• AFFA
        Top Level Member
        ☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆
        • Dec 2009

I wish to inform you that firstly you may try and contact the credit card company and work out a repayment schedule. In this, you may seek the help of friends and relatives who may step in as a guarantor for you. You may also request if the term to repay the balance amount may be extended or if any late fees or penalty may be waived. If that is not possible then you may contact an attorney and seek guidance in the matter.

AFF

Comment

• Unregistered

Originally posted by Unregistered
          hi

i have a credit card on FGB and NBAD of which i did not pay for almost 9 months, the agencies of which calling me said that they will file a case against me. and a lot of emails as well , stating that the case have been push through. and then they stopped emailing me and calling me. because my number of which it is registered to them is not working anymore.
          how would i know if i have a case filed against me? and how would i resolved this issue?
          Your in uae? Or home country?

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
          Auto-Saved
          Smile :) Embarrassment :o Big Grin :D Wink ;) Stick Out Tongue :p Mad :mad: Confused :confused: Frown :( Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:

the color of a lemon is... (write the answer twice with an "@" between the words)

widgetinstance 213 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...